Rising 9th Graders Share Their Views on the Upper School

Rising+9th+Graders+Share+Their+Views+on+the+Upper+School+

Kate Patrice, Sasha Brun, Chloe Ruppert, Karli Pearce, and Tanner Wade

Adil Shariff, Staff Writer

As the 2012-2013 school year comes to a close, most students don’t have to worry about a big change for next year. But the 8th graders have Upper School on their mind.

Upper School is a big change for these 8th graders. The first year of high school can always be stressful, but the 8th grade and 9th grade teachers will help them have a smooth transition.

Some 8th graders shared their views about the upcoming transition: Kate Patrice, Sasha Vrun, Chloe Ruppert, Karli Pearce, and Tanner Wade. They all were very excited about becoming high schoolers.

Almost everyone said that they were excited to have a study hall–to either catch up on some work or to take a little break from the busy day.

Most of them said that they were looking forward to the art classes and the English classes, but Karli Pearce said that she was mostly looking forward to math. She even is planning on doubling up! Everyone else’s reaction was “whoa, I could never do that!”

Most of them were excited to get a chance to use their computers more often. Sasha Vrun said, “Over here [in the middle school], we never get to do that.”

The transition from 8th grade to 9th grade can be an exciting one, but also a stressful one. Some students might feel overwhelmed with the amount of work they have to do each night, but the upper school teachers are here to help  the transition.

Good luck rising 9th graders!